A. If I see him, I might say hello.
B. If they had comprehended the material, they might have done better on the test.
C. If she got a terrible headache, she might have to take some pain medication.
D. If my father attends my show, he might be proud of my performance.
3. If I had studied hard, I _____the exams. a. Will pass c. would pass
b. Pass d. would have passed
2. She would join the team if she ____you.
a. Were c. was
b. Is d. had been
3. If I get my salary this month, I ___buy that bag.
a. Will c. would have bought
b. Would d. had bought
7. Direct: “Can you go to the party with me tomorrow?” Arthur asked us. Indirect: ____ a. Arthur asked us to go to the party with him the next day.
b. Arthur asked us if you could go to the party with him the next day.
c. Arthur asked us whether we could go to the party with him the next day.
d. Arthur asked us if we could have gone to the party with him the next day.
8. Indirect: Aurel told to Tom to turn the lights on in the living room.
a. Aurel said to Tom, “To turn the lights on in the living room.”
b. Aurel said to Tom, “Don’t turn the lights on in the living room.”
c. Aurel said to Tom, “Turn the lights on in the living room.”
d. Aurel said to Tom, “Turned the lights on in the living room.”
9. Direct: The manager said to him, “Don’t deliver the box to anybody but Mr. Brown.”
a. The manager told him had not to deliver the box to anybody but Mr. Brown.
b. The manager told him didn’t deliver the box to anybody but Mr. Brown.
c. The manager told him not to deliver the box to anybody but Mr. Brown.
d. The manager told him not delivered the box to anybody but Mr. Brown.
maaf kalau benar
3. Active: When did someone write the letter? Passive: ______
a. When was someone wrote the letter?
b. When is the letter written?
c. When was the letter written?
d. When were the letter written by someone?
15. Active: Aurel will eat the food.
a. The food would be eating by Aurel.
b. The food will be eaten by Aurel.
c. The food has to be eaten by Aurel.
d. The food will be being eaten by Aurel.
14. simple past yg di jadikan passive form
15. simple future tense
1. Joe asked Mary ____________________ him when she woke up. a. to call c. calling
b. calls d. called
2. We enjoyed ________________ them again after so many years.
a. Seeing c. to see
b. See d. saw
3. Ali is anxious ______________ his family.
a. Meeting c. met
b. Meets d. to meet
1. Joe asked Mary to call him when she woke up. (d. called)
2. We enjoyed seeing them again after so many years. (d. saw)
3. Ali is anxious to meet his family. (d. to meet)
Would you mind _____ the stereo down? A.Turn D.To turns
The correct option to complete the sentence is option B, "Turning." This is the present participle form of the verb "turn," which is used as an adjective to describe the noun "stereo." When used in this way, the present participle form of a verb typically follows the word "mind" and indicates that the speaker is asking the listener to perform an action.
Option A, "Turn," is the base form of the verb "turn," which is used as an imperative verb to instruct the listener to perform an action.
Option C, "To turn," is the infinitive form of the verb "turn," which is used to indicate the purpose or goal of an action.
Option D, "To turns," is incorrect because "turns" is not the correct conjugation of the verb "turn" in the infinitive form.
Option E, "Turned," is the past tense form of the verb "turn," which is used to describe an action that has already been completed.
Penjelasan: Kata kerja yang digunakan dalam pertanyaan ini adalah kata kerja bentuk presensi (bentuk waktu saat ini) yaitu "turning", jadi jawaban B adalah jawaban yang benar.
Jack ______________ (live) in Boston for the past 15 years. Janet ______________ (work) for Smith and Brothers before she came to work for us. Dad ______________ (you/finish) reading the paper yet? I would love to visit Prague sometime. Unfortunately, I ______________ (be/never) there. Peter ______________ (play) tennis for five years when he ______________ (be) at school. I ______________ (work) in Italy for 5 years. I ______________ (begin) working as soon as I arrived. I'm afraid I'm not hungry. I ______________ (eat/already). When Jack was at school, he ______________ (learn) to play the saxophone. He ______________ (play) it ever since. Maria lives in Boston. Before she ______________ (move) here, she ______________ (live) in Seattle for 3 years. Peter ______________ (go) to Paris last year. That means that he ______________ (be) to Paris 3 times! Just a moment! I ______________ (think/not) of a good idea yet! How long ______________ (you/live) there before coming here? When ________________ (join/you) the company? ___________________ (you, work) in Pakistan? He's the most difficult customer I __________________ (deal with). I ___________________ (speak) to him last week. We______________ (sign) a binding contract last year and it is still valid. The reason I look so brown is that I _______________ (come back/just) from a business trip to Barbados. Sales ________ in 1995 but then ___________ in 1996. (rise, fall) I ____________ (see, not) her since last year. They ____________ (leave) a few minutes ago. She ____________ (be) unemployed since she left school. The contract ____________ (sign) last Monday. Look - someone ____________ (leave) their handbag in the room. Nobody ____________ (answer) the phone when it rang. I never ____________ (know) my grandmother as she died before I was born. It's the first time I ____________ (eat) caviar. The first time we ____________ (speak) was just the other day. A Picasso painting _____________ (steal) from the Prado museum. The house _____________ (paint/not) yet.
Jack has lived in Boston for the past 15 years. Janet worked for Smith and Brothers before she came to work for us. Dad, have you finished reading the paper yet? I would love to visit Prague sometime. Unfortunately, I have never been there. Peter played tennis for five years when he was at school. I worked in Italy for 5 years. I began working as soon as I arrived. I'm afraid I'm not hungry. I have already eaten. When Jack was at school, he learned to play the saxophone. He has played it ever since. Maria lives in Boston. Before she moved here, she lived in Seattle for 3 years. Peter went to Paris last year. That means that he has been to Paris 3 times! Just a moment! I haven't thought of a good idea yet! How long have you lived there before coming here? When did you join the company? Have you worked in Pakistan? He's the most difficult customer I have ever dealt with. I spoke to him last week. We signed a binding contract last year and it is still valid. The reason I look so brown is that I have just come back from a business trip to Barbados. Sales rose in 1995 but then fell in 1996. I haven't seen her since last year. They left a few minutes ago. She has been unemployed since she left school. The contract was signed last Monday. Look - someone left their handbag in the room. Nobody answered the phone when it rang. I never knew my grandmother as she died before I was born. It's the first time I have eaten caviar. The first time we spoke was just the other day. A Picasso painting was stolen from the Prado museum. The house hasn't been painted yet.
5. Boy : So this is your grandfather's house. It is very old. Girl: Yes, He... it in 1920. a) build b) builds c) built d) has built
3. Vivi: Hai. Ton! How are you? I think you are still in Padang. Anton Fine, Vi. I ... back from Padang yesterday. a) come b) comes c) came d) has come
I came (C) back from Padang yesterday.
2. Tuti : I just put some candies here but er they are gone. Who took them. Vika: I..., I thought you gave them to me. Sorry. fog tph a) do b) did✓ c) does d) am
Jawaban yang benar adalah "did". Kalimat di sini merupakan bentuk kalimat yang disebut dengan "past simple" atau "simple past tense". Simple past tense digunakan untuk menunjukkan bahwa suatu aksi atau kejadian terjadi di masa lalu. Jadi, Vika menjawab dengan menggunakan kata kerja bantu "did" (did+take) untuk menunjukkan bahwa aksi mengambil permen terjadi di masa lalu.
Gerund and infinitive 1) I can't imagine Peter (go) by bike. 2) He agreed (buy) a new car. 3) The question is easy (answer). 4) The man asked me how (get) to the airport. 5) I look forward to (see) you at the weekend. 6) Are you thinking of (visit) London? 7) We decided (run) through the forest. 8) The teacher expected Sarah (study) hard. 9) She doesn't mind (work) the night shift. 10) I learned (ride) the bike at the age of 5.
Berikan contoh masing-masing 3 dari part of speech
Here are three examples of different parts of speech and their characteristics:
I hope these examples are helpful! Let me know if you have any questions.
Kalau kita mau tanya “siapa?” Itu pakai who? Atau whos? Ya? Contoh pertanyaannya kayak gini
“Sakit?” Lalu kita mau memastikan siapa yang sakit
“Siapa?” (Yang sakit)
Jadi cara tanyanya tuh gimana ya?
Please bantu jawab. Thank you:)
setau aku pakai who, karena aku sering jumpa kata itu [ WHO IS SICK? ]
Tolongin saya pliss Each of the following sentences may have a problem with subject/verb agreement. Indicate if the sentences are correct (TRUE) or incorrect (FALSE).
The view of these disciplines varies from time to time.
The fear of rape and robbery have caused many people to flee the city.
He realize that everything he has now the result of his hard working.
All of the mail I get are junk mail.
The coordinator of community services are arranging the program.
Everybody know the rules, but somebody is not following them.
Anyone in one of the classes has to take the final exam.
The sauce on the vegetables in the yellow bowl taste really delicious.
Mr. Hoover gave a present to each children.
Nothing more is going to be completed today.
Here are the correct answers to your sentences:
2. False (The fear of rape and robbery has caused many people to flee the city.)
3. False (He realizes that everything he has now is the result of his hard work.)
5. False (The coordinator of community services is arranging the program.)
6. False (Everybody knows the rules, but somebody is not following them.)
8. False (The sauce on the vegetables in the yellow bowl tastes really delicious.)
9. False (Mr. Hoover gave a present to each child.)
It's important to pay attention to subject-verb agreement in order to ensure that your sentences are grammatically correct. In general, the subject and verb of a sentence should agree in number. This means that if the subject is singular, the verb should be singular as well, and if the subject is plural, the verb should be plural as well.
Kak siapapun tolongin saya pliss Choose the letter of the underlined word or group of words that is not correct.
A network of small arteries, mostly sandwichedA between the skin and theunderlyingB muscles, supplyC bloodD to the face and scalp.
Part of the electricity usedA in the United States todayB comeC from hydroelectric sourcesD.
At the endA of the Revolution, most of the army units of the young nation wasB almost entirely disbandedC, leavingD a total national military force of eighty men in 1784.
Some of the agricultural practicesA usedB today isC responsible for fosteringD desertification.
All of the east-west interstate highways in the United States hasA evennumbers,B while north-south interstate highways areC odd-numberedD
Every open space in the targetedA area that hasB grass and a few bushes areC occupiedD by the white-crowned sparrow.
Jawaban untuk soal pertama adalah pilihan C (Select C).
Jawaban untuk soal kedua adalah pilihan C (Select C).
Jawaban untuk soal ketiga adalah pilihan B (Select B).
Jawaban untuk soal keempat adalah pilihan A (Select A).
Jawaban untuk soal kelima adalah pilihan D (Select D).
Jawaban untuk soal keenam adalah pilihan C (Select C).
Apa artinya:.hi i want to invite you to my birthday party
hi aku ingin mengundangmu ke acara ulang tahunku
hai saya ingin mengundang anda ke pesta ulang tahun saya
How about suggestions a. What do your parents always say before you go to school?
b. What can you learn from the habit of giving advice or suggestions to others?
c. If you want to know the best restaurant in your city, what will you do?
d. If someone asks you about the popular food in your city, what will you do?.
a. Some things that parents might say before their child goes to school include: "Eat a good breakfast," "Make sure you have all your homework and materials," "Dress appropriately for the weather," "Remember to be respectful and follow the rules," and "Have a great day at school."
b. Giving advice or suggestions to others can be a helpful way to share knowledge and experience, and it can also help others feel supported and heard. By offering advice or suggestions, you can help others to make informed decisions or solve problems, and you may also learn from the process of giving advice. Additionally, giving advice or suggestions can be a way to show kindness and generosity to others.
c. If you want to know the best restaurant in your city, there are a few things you could try:
Ask friends, family, or coworkers for their recommendations.
Look for online reviews or ratings of restaurants in your city.
Check out local food blogs or publications to see if there are any notable restaurants that have been recommended.
Visit food-focused social media groups or forums and ask for recommendations.
Consider consulting a food critic or food writer in your city to get their expert opinion.
d. If someone asks you about the popular food in your city, you might try the following:
Think about the types of food that are typically associated with your city. For example, if you live in a city with a strong food culture, there may be certain dishes or restaurants that are especially popular.
Consider what types of food are popular in your city overall. For example, you might think about whether there are any local food trends or types of cuisine that are particularly popular.
Ask friends or locals for their recommendations. They may be able to give you some insight into the types of food that are popular in your city.
Look for online reviews or ratings of local restaurants to get an idea of what people are enjoying in your city.
Consider consulting local food critics or food writers to get their expert opinions on popular restaurants and dishes in your city.
Here are some suggestions for answers to the questions you provided:
a. Your parents might say something like "Eat a good breakfast," "Don't forget your homework," or "Wear a coat if it's cold outside."
b. By giving advice or suggestions to others, you can learn how to communicate effectively, how to think critically and analytically, and how to be a helpful and supportive person.
c. To find the best restaurant in your city, you might ask friends or family members for recommendations, read online reviews or guides, or try out different restaurants to see which ones you like the most.
d. If someone asks you about the popular food in your city, you might recommend specific dishes or types of food that are commonly eaten in your city or that are particularly popular among locals. You could also suggest specific restaurants or food stalls that are known for serving high-quality or authentic versions of these dishes.
Remedial Read the text below and answer the questions carefully! Tombs with Mummy Found in Egypt CAIRO "Archaeologists have unearthed 57 ancient Egyptian tombs, most of which hold an ornately painted wooden sarcophagus with a mummy inside." Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities said Sunday. "The oldest tombs date back to around 2750 B.C., during the period of Egypt's first and second dynasties," the council said in a statement. Twelve of the tombs belonged to the 18th Dynasty, which ruled Egypt during the second millennium B.C. The 18th Dynasty includes such well-known pharaohs as Tutankhamun, Akhenaten, and Queen Hatshepsut. "The discovery throws new light on Egypt's ancient religions," the council said. Questions: 1. What is the kind of the text? 1 2. Where did the news come from? 3. How many ancient Egyptian tombs were archaeologists unearth? 4. When did the oldest tombs date back? 5. "The 18th Dynasty includes such well-known pharaohs as Tutankhamun, Akhenaten, and Queen Hatshepsut." What is the underlined word mean? What is the kind of the text?
1. The type of this text is news text.
2. The news came from Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities.
3. Archaeologists have unearthed 57 ancient Egyptian tombs, most of which contain an ornately painted wooden sarcophagus with a mummy inside.
4. The oldest tombs date back to around 2750 BC, during the period of Egypt's first and second dynasties.
5. The underlined word means "including".
Here are the answers to the questions:
Choose the correct answer. 1. She ___ her dog everyday. a. To feed b. Feed c. Feeds
2. I __ always __ to the dentist. a. Do not, go b. Does not, go c. Do not, went
3. When _ you ___ a shower? a. Do, took b. Do, take c. Do, taking
4. Q: Do you like to sing? Aa. Yes, I likes to sing b. Yes, I like to sing c. Yes, I liked to sing
5. Tom and I ____ together. a. Do surfing b.Do surfs c. Don‟t surf
6. I _ breakfast every day at
7 AM. a. Eat b. To eat c. Ate 7. Q: How do you go to school? A: We _ the bus to school a. Rode b. Ride c. Riding
8. Shilpi ___ a suitable match for her daughter. a. is looked for b. is looking for c. is look for
9. Do not be nervous, things are ___ well! a. go b. going c. gone
10. Mum is __ vegetables and dad is __ television. a. cutting – seing b. cutting – watching c. cuting – waching
11. I am ____ a movie at the moment. I will call you once it is over. a. watching b. watch c. watched
12. Is the girl ____ next to him his fiancée? a. sit b. sitting c. sat
13. The dress code for today is smart casuals so I ___ a black t-shirt. a. am wear b. am wore c. am wearing
14. I see him ____ every morning. a. jog b. to jog c. jogging
15. I am ____ to see you soon. a. hope b. hoped c. hoping
1. C. Feeds
2. A. Do not, go
3. A. Do, take
4. B. Yes, I like to sing
5. A. Do surfing
6. A. Eat
7. B. Ride
8. B. Is looking for
9. B. Going
10. B/C? - pokoknya Cutting and Watching.
11. A. Watching
12. B. Sitting
13. C. Am wearing
14. C. Jogging
15. C. Hoping.
1. Jawaban C karena dalam verb simple tense dengan subject he/she jadi ditambahkan "-s" setelah feed.
2. Jawaban A karena "I" sebagai subjek jadi menggunakan do. Sedangkan terdapat kata "always" yang berarti dapat menunjukkan masa sekarang jadi menggunakan kata "go".
3. Jawaban A karena subjek adalah "you" jadi menggunakan "do". Menggunakan kata "take" karena subjeknya "you" dan dalam simple present tense.
4. Jawaban B karena subjek "I" dan simple present tense, jadi menggunakan kata "like".
5. Jawaban A karena subjeknya lebih dari 1 jadi menggunakan "do" dan kata "surfing" adalah aktivitas.
6. Jawaban A karena simple present tense
7. Jawaban B karena simple present tense dan subjek "we" jadi "ride".
8. Jawaban B karena subjek masih melakukan aktivitas tersebut yang berarti continuous present tense
9. Jawaban B karena ada "are" dan continuous present tense.
10. Jawaban B/C, yang ditulis di pertanyaan hampir mirip karena typo. Cutting dan watching karena mom and dad nya sekarang melakukan aktivitas tersebut jadi continuous present tense.
11. Jawaban A karena continuous present tense dan adanya "am"
12. Jawaban B karena continuous present tense dan adanya "is"
13. Jawaban C karena ada kata today yang berarti menunjukkan present tense, dan karena dia memakai baju hitam di hari itu, berarti "am wearing".
14. Jawaban C karena jogging adalah sebuah aktivitas yang dilakukan.
15. Jawaban C karena ada kata "am".
Exercise: A. Please write down the subject of these sentences. 1. We are going to the movies this weekend. 2. A blue car is parked on my neighbour's garage. 3. The lazy will never be succesful if they don't change. 4. It is a beautiful day today. 5. There are many dresses you can choose in that store. B. Please write down the object of these sentences. 1. We all knew that it would happen evntually. 2. My boss decided to hold regular meetings every Saturday. 3. We surprised her. 4. I gave you an English novel. 5. My father showed me some photos. C. Please write down the complement of these sentences. 1. They elected Mr Jhonson a mayor. 2. I met Susan at the department store. 3. The baby is laughing today. 4. He was late yesterday. 5. Those men are handsome.
Here are the answers to your exercise:
se: Choose the correct answer. 1. Father should give up (smoking/smoke/to smoke) for the sake of his health. 2. He couldn‟t stop reading the novel because the story is (interest/interesting/to interest). 3. The students want (finish/finishing/to finish) their assignments right on time. 4. I order you (leave/to leave/leaving) him alone, otherwise i will call the police. 5. The man (stand/to stand/standing) across the street is my uncle david. 6. My family did not approve of my (go/to go/going) to france to study art. 7. Fingerprint have been employed (identify/to identify/edintifying) criminal, amnesia victims and unknown death. 8. (Understand/to understand/understanding) his parents divorce, the little boy wept. 9. Harry potter, the phenomenal fiction written by j.k rowling is said (to be translated/translated/to have been translated) into many languanges. 10. Your house chotes ought (to be done/be done/to have been done) by the time your parents arrive home from work. 11. (Jogging/to jog/jog) and eating fresh fruits every morning makes her body slim and healthy. 12. Whenever my sister was angry, she went to her room, (slam/slamming/slammed) her door. 13. My parents are looking forward (go/to go/going) to Europe this Christmas. 14. I‟m always speechless in front of him, not knowing what (say/to say/saying) 15. Monica refused (accept/accepting/to accept) Kevin‟s proposal.
1. Smoking 2. Interesting 3. To finish 4. To leave 5. Standing 6. Going 7. To identify 8. Understanding 9. To have been translated 10. To be done 11. Jogging 12. Slamming 13. To go 14. To say 15. To accept